| Welcome to Nellies.co.uk - online information for the White Horse Inn, otherwise known as 'Nellies' from the days back prior to 1976 when the pub was owned and run by the Collinsons family. Francis Collinson purchased the pub form the church in 1927 and more notably her daughter Nellie, managed the place until its sale to the Samuel Smiths Old Brewery (Tadcaster).
The pub, originally a coaching in, pre-dates 1666 - when it was detailed in local records - and is probably the second oldest surviving Inn, in Beverley, next to that of The Sun Inn, which is opposite Beverley Minster. However, The White Horse Inn / Nellies, unlike other local holsteries, maintains most of its original features, including gas lights and chandeliers, small individual rooms, rickety stone and wooden floors, and open fires. The 'tobacco stained' walls, are actually painted that colour - as the premises, not unlike others, are constantly, and sympathetically, redecorated.
The overall purpose of this website, now in it's 19th year, is to provide information which may prove of interest regarding the history and current circumstances relating to the venue. Meanwhile - don't miss Nellie's Candle-lit Quiz Night - Every Tuesday - 9pm - until approximately 10.30pm - all in aid of Yorkshire Air Ambulance.
This website is not associated with the pub's owners, management or staff. however we hope the contents supports the venue in every way possible.
Finally, we would like to offer a warm welcome, and introduce you to the management couple, Sue and Mark, and wish them all the very best in their endeavours.